PIE BAKING DETAILS
Let's start a tradition!
Pie baking Around Winter Haven is serious business. Community members gather together on November 26, 2022 to compete for fame, glory and bragging rites. (The rest of us just show up to eat pie!) Don’t miss this old fashioned community event.
Bake a pie and WIN!!
If you are up for a bit of friendly competition with your neighbors, bring two of your finest pie creations to La’s Midway Saloon and offer them up to the pie judges. (Judges do not accept bribes or cream pies!)
Pie Baking Contest Rules
- NO STORE BOUGHT PIES.
- Competitors must provide TWO of the same kind of HOMEMADE pie.
- Pies may NOT contain dairy or cream. Any cream or dairy pies will not be eligible for consumption or judging. We don’t have a way to keep them refrigerated.
- Pies may be no smaller than 8 inches in diameter.
- Competitors must have pies at the Barn at La’s Midway Saloon between 5:00-5:30 pm to be registered for the contest.
- Judging will begin promptly at 6:00 pm
- Winners will be announced as soon as judging is complete and will be featured in the Around Winter Haven Neighbors Facebook group and page, Osment Entertainment Facebook Page as well as shared with local media outlets.
- All judges’ decisions are FINAL.
- There is no entry fee. This is a “FUN” competition!
- Prizes will be awarded to the first, second & third place winners of the best pie.
- After judging, the judged pies will be sold by the slice and the 2nd pies will be sold in a silent auction. Proceeds will be used to sponsor foster children through the Rudolph Round-up Toy Drive by Heartland for Children.
- Please use disposable pie dishes.
RUDOLPH ROUND-UP TOY DRIVE FOR HEARTLAND FOR CHILDREN
Heartland for Children serves over 1500 foster kids in our area. Let’s help make their Christmas special! Bring a toy to the Pie Baking Contest and be entered into our door prize drawing!
There is an urgent need for toys for babies ages 0 – 2 and teens.