Ready, Set... Bake!!!!
RULES FOR THE 2022 PIE BAKING CONTEST
- NO STORE BOUGHT PIES.
- Competitors must provide TWO of the same kind of HOMEMADE pie.
- Pies may NOT contain dairy or cream. Any cream or dairy pies will not be eligible for consumption or judging. We don’t have a way to keep them refrigerated.
- Pies may be no smaller than 8 inches in diameter.
- Competitors must have pies at the Barn at La’s Midway Saloon between 5:00-5:30 pm to be registered for the contest.
- Judging will begin promptly at 6:00 pm
- Winners will be announced as soon as judging is complete and will be featured in the Around Winter Haven Neighbors Facebook group and page, Osment Entertainment’s Facebook page and shared with local media outlets.
- All judges’ decisions are FINAL
- There is no entry fee. This is a “FUN” competition!Prizes will be awarded to the first, second & third place winners of the best pie.After judging, the judged pies will be sold by the slice and the 2nd pies will be sold in a silent auction. Proceeds will be used to sponsor foster children through the Rudolph Round-up Toy Drive by Heartland for Children.Please use disposable pie dishes.
- Deadline for entry is 5:00 p.m. on November 25, 2022.
PIE BAKING CONTEST ENTRY FORM
Pie baking Around Winter Haven is serious business! Around Winter Haven Neighbors will gather together Saturday, November 26th to compete for fame, glory and bragging rights. Bake two (2) identical pies toenter and bring your pies to the barn at La’s Midway Saloon (2050 US Highway 92 W, Lake Alfred). Drop offbetween 5:00-5:30 pm. Please review the rules above before you start baking! Please call Holly Sears at 863-956-7214 if you have any questions.